Dental Veneers are often called as Porcelain Veneers. These are extremely thin and customized shells which gives the look and feel of your natural teeth. The reason why they are being preferred these days is because they are tooth colored and are designed to cover the front part of your teeth. So today we will be talking about the advantages, disadvantages and all other details about Dental Veneers.
Dental Veneers: How they are made
The materials used in making of Dental Veneers are either porcelain or resin composite. However Dentists and patients generally prefer a Porcelain Veneer because it has the ability to resist tooth stains better than resin composite. The other reason why the former is chosen mostly is because it gives the look and feel of natural teeth. Resin veneers are even thinner than porcelain veneers and they do not require substantial tooth removal. Eventually it is up to your dentist to decide which veneer suits you the best.
Problems fixed by Dental Veneers
Our mouth is prone to multiple dental problems. Some are fixed by medications but certain problems such as Periodontal Disease and any such gum disease might require dental surgery. When talking about Veneers they are used to fix problems such as-
- Discolored Teeth – Caused due to Root Canal Treatment or any sort of drugs/medication.
- Worn out teeth
- Chipped or Broken Teeth.
- Misaligned, uneven, or irregularly shaped teeth.
- Gaps in teeth
Procedure of getting Dental Veneers
You will be required to visit your dentist three times for the successful completion of your dental veneers. The first trip will be consultation and analysis of your teeth. The second and third will be to make and finally apply the veneers. The veneering process (for one or multiple teeth) is as follows:
- In the first stage your Dentist will prepare the diagnosis plan and it requires your proactive participation. You need to tell your dentist about why you wish to undergo this treatment. Your teeth will be examined and basis those examinations your dentist will inform whether dental veneers are suitable for you or not.
- The second stage is preparation. For this your dentist will remove around ½ mm of your enamel. This is the exact thickness of the veneer which will be added to your tooth surface. Your dentist will then make a model or impression of your tooth. You can discuss with your dentist about the use of anesthesia. After all this is done the sample will be sent to the lab and will be delivered to your dentist within 1-2 weeks.
- The last stage of this procedure is bonding. Your dentist will place the veneer on your teeth so that he/she can examine the fitting and also the color. They will remove and trim the veneer so that you get the proper fit. The color gets adjusted depending on the shade of cement to be used. After all this your teeth will be prepared to receive the veneer. It will be cleaned, polished and will be roughened for a strong bonding process to take place. In the final steps excess cement will be removed.
Advantages of Dental Veneers
Following are the advantages of dental veneers or porcelain veneers:
- Gives your teeth a natural look
- Gum Tissues accept porcelain veneers quite easily.
- They are stain resistant
- You can select the color of your veneers so that they resemble your teeth.
Disadvantage of Dental Veneers
Following are the disadvantage of them:
- It’s an irreversible process
- They are costly. Veneers generally cost $500 to $1000 per tooth and the worst part is that they are not covered under insurance.
- Not repairable if they chip so you will have to undergo the whole process again
- The process might increase sensitivity of your teeth as enamel will be removed.
The life span of veneers is 5-10 years and during this time they will not be replaced. You should also know that they do not require any sort of special care so you can continue with your regular oral hygiene.
Before taking a decision of visiting the dentist in your area it is important for you to do a thorough research. Yes veneers are costly but if you check you might find places which offer you packages on dental treatments. Tourist destinations like Thailand have become a hub for dental tourism.
Thailand sees a plethora of customers travelling to the place not just for vacation but also to experience cost effective dental treatment in Bangkok. Bangkok is the major hub for Thailand in terms of tourism and dental treatment. Dental Clinics in Bangkok offer wide variety of dental packages in Bangkok. The dental work in Thailand is cost effective. Moreover dentists in Bangkok have been claimed as best dentist for any sort of dental treatment.
Be it Sinus lift in Bangkok, Teeth Whitening in Bangkok, Smile Makeover in Bangkok, Porcelain Veneers in Bangkok or any other sort of treatment procedure dentists in Bangkok are trained and qualified to satisfy your needs.