If you’ve been scanning the expert advice columns looking for weight loss tips, we have good news for you! We’ve compiled a top ten list of tips on losing weight with exercise. This free advice is guaranteed to help you lose inches, burn fat, and look absolutely fantastic! So what are you waiting for? Check out this fitness advice guide now…..
1) Our first fitness tip is that it’s important to exercise regularly. While that’s been sound advice for years, unfortunately very few people are following it. Only 45 percent of adults are getting the recommended minimum: 30 minutes a day, at least four days a week. Considering that aerobic capability starts to diminish after missing only two weeks of workouts, it’s clear that consistent exercise is the key to success.
2) Another fantastic exercise tip is that, to achieve significant weight loss, it is imperative to participate in both cardiovascular (aerobic) and resistance (strength) training. What’s the difference? Aerobic exercise burns fat so you’ll lose weight today, while resistance training maintains and tones muscle so you’ll keep that fat off tomorrow. To be truly fit for life, you need both types of exercise at least four times each week.
3) Change the intensity of your workout. One way to do this is to turn up the resistance on the strength machines. Another way is to wear wrist or ankle weights while you exercise. Even small adjustments to your workout will make a difference. Changing the intensity not only keeps exercise more interesting for you, but it also challenges your body to blast through any conditioning plateaus you may be stuck on.
4) Although there’s lots of good advice out there regarding when you should exercise, the best health tip you’ll ever find on this topic is simply to exercise when it’s best for you. Don’t get confused by claims that morning workouts are better for weight loss, or that evening exercise burns more calories. Instead, get your workout in whenever you can. Follow this fitness tip, and chances are good you’ll end up exercising more, period.
5) To get the maximum benefit from your weight loss exercise, get a workout buddy. This is a good safety tip and an excellent workout tip too. Arrange to meet a friend at the gym, at a specific time, and on a specific day. Write it down in your planner or type it into your PDA. Treat it like a regular business appointment and you’ll be less likely to find some excuse to skip out. When you know that a friend is waiting for you there, you’re much more likely to get yourself down to the health club.
6) Wear comfortable clothing and shoes, and don’t overdo the makeup. When you’re getting ready to exercise, beauty tips and other beauty advice will only distract you from your goal. Instead of trying to look great while you exercise, focus instead on exercising to look great. If you haven’t already, consider joining a women’s only health club where you can feel comfortable and really focus on weight loss results – not on your appearance or the guys in the gym.
7) Check your heart rate every ten minutes to make sure you’re staying within your target heart rate zone. Not only will this help you burn more fat by maintaining your exercise intensity, but it will also keep you safe by preventing you from exceeding your maximum recommended heart rate. For even more accurate measurement, consider purchasing a heart rate monitor.
8) To guarantee a great workout, remember your diet tips and nutrition advice. To maintain muscle and get the most benefit from exercise, your body needs quality fuel and adequate hydration. Without the proper nutritional balance, the quality of your workouts will suffer and your body will not respond appropriately.
9) Remember to breathe deeply during exercise sessions. Taking full, deep breaths will deliver more oxygen to your muscles and make them more efficient.
10) Our final exercise tip is to stay away from the fads and instead focus on the benefits of exercise. When you start relying on gimmicks and ‘magic potions’ to help you lose weight, you’ll put less emphasis on the only proven method to achieve life long results: consistent exercise.
Take these fitness tips for weight loss exercise to heart, and you’ll soon find that you’re getting more out of each workout. Results will come faster, and the pounds will disappear. But don’t let this be the end of your research. There’s a good supply of health advice, nutrition information, and free medical advice to be found on the internet and at your local library, so keep learning! The only thing you have to lose is the weight!
Source by Tracie Johanson