Back Pain Statistics
Back Pain statistics is one such condition which has been on the rapid rise since the last couple of years. This is one such condition that has been affecting 8 out of 10 people at some point of their lives. The pain that is being experienced may range from a dull, constant ache to a sudden, sharp pain. Most of the patients visiting a chiropractor would be looking for ways to relieve themselves form the condition they are going through. Among the British populations,the rate of back pain occurring in men is much higher than that in women. For some of you the stats mentioned here might shock you, but this is simply the truth.
Back Pain Statistics In The United States
Following are some of the facts about back pain in America:
1) About 31 millions American are affected by lower back pain.
2) 50% of the Americans who are working suffer from back pain each year. And this has made it one of the most common reason for them to take leave from work.
3) According to the experts, about 80% of the total population would experience back pain at some point of their life.
4) In the year 2002 , a survey conducted by the NHIS has brought to light that 26.4% of the 31,044 respondents suffered from low back pain which lasted for a day.
5) Each year about $50 billion is being spent on back pain by the Americans.
Back Pain – 3rd Most Expensive Health Condition
Spending $50 billion on back pain makes it one of the most expensive conditions. It stands third in number and the other two being heart disease and cancer. One of the most common complaint is the low back pain that accounts for about 6 million cases. In addition, back pain also constitutes about 10% of the occupational injuries. Those people suffering from back pain lose 3.98 days of work, with an average of 4.68 treatment visits and receives 61.15% improvement.
National Health Survey says
In a 2004 survey, The National Health Survey, pointed out that among 31,044, 26.4% of respondent suffered from backache that lasted for a day and 13.8% weren’t reported to have been suffering from neck pain.
After reading all this, do not panic if you are a sufferer of back pain. Here is an easier alternative to your expensive and painstaking back pain medical treatment and medications. Home remedies are nature’s babies and they can never harm you! So, be fully informative about these natural cures enlisted in my article on home remedies for back pain relief on my home remedies community and bring relief to your painful condition. I wish you all the very best for your future!