There are several top industry associations for beauty careers that you should be aware of if you are working in this field, whether you’re a student or a seasoned professional. It doesn’t matter if you’re a nail technician, hair stylist, esthetician, electrolysis practitioner, makeup artist or any other type of cosmetologist. It’s important for any beauty professional to be aware of these professional associations and become members of at least one association that fits with your goals and career.
The American Association of Cosmetology Schools is one of the most widely recognized associations in this field. It is a nonprofit organization that is beneficial for all practitioners, not just students and teachers. If you want to stay updated on the latest beauty techniques, teaching methods, laws, licensing requirements and industry events, this is an excellent group to join. There are many other professional beauty industry associations, though. Consider the following list of all the top industry associations for beauty careers:
- Cosmetologists of America
- National Cosmetology Association
- Association of Cosmetology Salon Professionals
- Cosmetology Advancement Foundation
- National Latino Cosmetology Association
- National Interstate Council of Cosmetology Boards, Inc.
- National Accrediting Commission of Cosmetology Arts and Sciences
- Aesthetics International Association
- Professional Beauty Association
- Professional Beauty Federation
- International Beauty Therapy Association
- National Beauty Culturist League
- American Association for Esthetics Education
- National Coalition of Estheticians, Manufacturers, Distributors and Associations
- American Board of Hair Colorists
- Associated Skin Care Professionals
- International Make-Up Association
- National Association of Screen Make-Up Artists
- International Spa Association
- International Nail Tech Association
Some of these associations are generally intended for the cosmetology industry, and others are for specific fields within the industry such as esthetics, make up arts, hair coloring, nail technology, skin care and spas. If you are a student, teacher or practitioner in any beauty-related field there is sure to be an industry association that is designed for people like you. These associations provide a wide range of resources that are very beneficial for beauty professionals to join.
Source by The Sider Group